Sunday 2 August 2009

rendering from Shake problem

So if you caught my unedited post that was me just being silly.. I now have my comped frame rendered out as a tiff from Shake.

However, I've noticed the brightness/contrast of this rendered out image is much different to the one i've comped. Looks like a gamma shift almost. I could probably rectify this in PS but that would defeat the object.

In my file out properties i'm using tiff as file format and codec set to none (i'm guessing this is compression as was set to LZW originally)

Has anyone encountered this issue?

cheers.

2 comments:

  1. So after a bit of digging i've sorted this out. Windows monitors are by default a bit darker than mac monitors (due to gamma differences, 1.8 on mac vs 2.2 on windows and most other devices, at least they try to be).

    Mac users will need to setup their photoshop to display images at the correct gamma profile. can do this by selecting view>proof setup> and selecting Macintosh RGB.

    Also worth noting that if you're sending work to a client or someone on a windows or mac box you can compensate your gamma to simulate how the image will look like on their screen by changing your profile from the proof>setup accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon our tutor talked about this but i didn't really understand this problem, I htink you need to gamma correct. I would set for HD TV DVD gamma if thats possible so it always work, you'll never know who is watching what on mac on pc.

    ReplyDelete