Monday 6 July 2009

Nuke lessons request

Hey guys , I don't know if you realized , but Jason replied to our Nuke lesson blog . He asked us to contact him about it . So I hope you don't mind , but I took the liberty in writing him an email about it . This is what I wrote :"

Hey Jason,
I just read your reply at the blog concerning the Nuke Lessons . As you can see , our group is quite upset about how our lessons at Escape ended . We didn't have enough time to learn proper compositing , none of us finished our projects & most of us are still having a hard time with them at the moment ( half of our group discarded the projects ) . Personally I've been looking endlessly for some Nuke tutorials to help me composite my renders which are sitting there in my PC at the moment being useless . & I don't want to sound like an ass or anything , but I did mention a number of times our concern about learning Shake when it was pointed out in one your 3D World magazines that Shake is dead ( & by many other people as well ) . Of course you can't always believe what you read in magazines & I know that it will take studios sometime to change between packages , but the fact that you guys made those tutorials just now points out that you were convinced with Nuke yourselves as well . We ALL are interested in those lessons , but most of us can't afford it . As you read , we are trying to find a proper way to watch them that is affordable to us all . Is there a way you can give us those lessons for an affordable price please ? I am a personal fan of your online lessons , & I recommend them to everyone I know ( & I have convinced a number of people to subscribe as well ) . So I am really hoping you can find a way to give us those Nuke lessons .
I look forward to hearing from you soon .
Kind regards,
Aziz "

I hope that you find my request satisfactory guys .

Peace ;)

8 comments:

  1. Well guys , this has been our conversation so far :

    Jason:"Hi Aziz,

    Sure, I understand the points you have made below. With regards to Shake, it was a difficult transition to make, as Shake was and still is being used professionally by VFX companies. We felt Nuke was likely to be the tool that superseded it, though we couldn't say for sure, until we could - well, say for sure, if that makes sense.

    Although, I would assume that the difficulties some of you are having with your projects, that you mention below isn't just down to an absence of online Nuke materials. If you need some more help and advice with your tutorials, please let me know as this can be arranged.

    And I'm more than happy to offer you a 50% discount for the online materials.

    Kind Regards,
    Jason"

    .....

    Aziz:" Hey Jason,

    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly .

    You are right that our projects not finishing had nothing to do with the absence of the Nuke lessons , but they did have something to do with the absence of proper Shake teaching & time in the end of our lessons . We literally learned Shake in the last day & had no proper idea how to use it . Unfortunately even Dan couldn't handle each & everyone one of us asking him questions with the stress of trying to finish our projects in the last day . The other group had many more days than us to get comfortable with it , & they even had Lee teach them an extra compositing lesson using something similar to that box project you have in the Nuke online lessons . The reason we were so late is because we were trying to track Dan's camera that was untrackable ( the Canon 5D ) because of its CMOS sensor . Personally I had to go & reshoot my footage with another camera one week before the due date & start all over . I asked Lee to pass by me the last day to help me composite my scene , he looked at my node tree & called it a baby tree . I know Lee is a pro & hardly anything we do will impress him , but he also seemed to think that I should've known much more . Every time he added a node thinking I should know this , he saw a confused look on my face . I don't want to play the blame game , I am just trying to be honest with you & convey how everyone one of us felt in the end . Dan is a GREAT tutor & person & I would have him teach me again anytime , but we were just unlucky that we used the wrong camera to track our footage with .

    I also do understand that you wouldn't teach Nuke until you were a 100% sure about it . But since you do now , & you didn't have any other online alternatives beforehand that we could ask for , that is why I am asking for the lessons now . I will convey your offer to the rest of the guys & let you know . Thank you .

    Cheers,
    Aziz"

    .....


    Jason:"Hi Aziz,

    Sure, can totally appreciate your feelings here and thanks for the feedback, it's useful to know.

    Yes, pass on the offer and come back to me.

    Kind Regards
    Jason."

    So , he's offering 50% for those lessons , let me know what you guys think ;) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50% off !! sounds great ! thanks Aziz, I think I`ll pay fot it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also considering it myself . I still think its a bit expensive to be honest , but I guess we do need those lessons as they compliment what we studied at Escape . I was looking forward for more tutorials on the site you linked to ( vfxvault ) , but they're taking quite some time to post new tutorials . I wonder what the rest of the guys think .

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way ...
    how do I get the 50% off when I clicking "BUY" button on the webside?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its best to contact Jason directly for that bro . If you do get them , please let us know what you think of them ;) .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a very nice gesture, so kudos to escape. I'll probably go for it once I can get the money together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you get a copy of nuke when you get access to the tutorial ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a link to download the Personal Learning Edition of Nuke on Escape's Nuke page . So I guess the answer is yes .

    ReplyDelete