Wednesday 3 June 2009

Happy Jet fighter texture map update



Hi Guys

Just thought I'd drop you a note to say i've made a start with my jet fighter now that I've finished my work. I followed the mustang projection panel lines tutorial, quite long winded but it works. The lines don't match 100% as I havn't made any adjustments, looking good tho' they are in proportion.





Just a note when texture baking, make sure you click the mesh and the material at the same time, then texture bake, that took me about 1 hr to work out.

Also I've found an issue with Vista or photoshop CS, for some reason when you make a new lambert material and then load in an image (not projection, just normal image) I get a flat image icon not a sphere with the image mapped onto it in the hypershade. It only happens with tiff and jpgs that i have saved from photoshop CS, it works with any picture i've downloaded from the web (jpg) weird huh, must be photoshop saving it badly. I havn't tried older version of photoshop yet to see if the saved files work ok, anyone else had this problem ?


4 comments:

  1. Nice job with the projections. Now comes the fun part :)

    I've actually been experimenting a bit with a leather procedural texture for the various components inside the car but so far resulst have been poor. I mght have to start unwrapping uv's at this rate.

    Not sure about that Hypershade problem you mentioned...only thing I can suggest with photoshop is make sure there's no alpha channels/layers being saved out.. although really I doubt this is the issue but i;ve had some major funkyness happen with alphas.

    One problem I have at home is mental ray refuses to render if I use tiffs for any sort of map (colour/spec/bump etc).. goes on about not recognisable image format, so for the moment i've stuck to using 32bit targas.


    Good luck with the texturing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Projections are looking nice mate. Your almost there with it all now. Its sitting nicely in the frame.

    Does the problem your having in the hypershade effect the texture when you apply it to the mesh, or is it just that the icon in the hypershade is flat not spherical which is stressing you out?

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,good work. i want this texture to be finnish now.....:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's just the icon the texture applies ok, never thought of it like that :) must be a new photoshop cs type tif that doesn't update in maya 2009

    ReplyDelete